Diploma in Medical Journalism
The Professional Diploma in Medical Journalism (PDMJ) is an eLearning Program in a novel area of study which will enable you to design, implement, analyse, write, edit and manage research and other articles in the field of medicine and healthcare. The program will cultivate the skills required for you to work as a medical journalist. It will enable you to work at medical journals as Editors, or at medical research centres as research and publishing consultant.
- Full access to e-Learning Portal containing Multimedia Tutorials and Quizzes.
- Course Instructor support via Discussion Forums
- Module 1 – Introduction to Medical Journalism
- Module 2 – Barriers, Facts and Fiction in Medical Journalism
- Module 3 – Observation, Evidence, Interpretation and Persuasion
- Module 4 – Common Errors in Medical Reporting
- Module 5 – Critical Medical Journalism and Challenging Issues
- Module 6 – Use of Technology and making Effective Presentations
- Module 7 – Publishing papers in Journals / Publication Writing
- Module 8 – Preparation of Thesis / Dissertation
- Module 9 – Computer Skills
- Module 10 – Sentence Control
- Module 11 – Writing Flow and Cohesiveness
- Course Completion
At the end of the course, students will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Duration: 3 months